Preparing For Moving Day
We’ve got you this far, now we want to help you when preparing for moving day. Here are some simple tips to get you going:
- Visit your lender and arrange to have all mortgage documents sent to your lawyer’s office as soon as they are completed
- Schedule an appointment with your lawyer as soon as they have received your mortgage documents
- Contact a moving company
- Call your insurance company as soon as you receive your possession letter, and provide the required insurance documents and proof of insurance to your lawyer
- To forward your mail to your new address, visit canadapost.com and find the “Managing Mail” menu
- Select a utilities service provider and arrange all service before your possession date
- Should you wish to set up phone, cable, and/or internet, please contact the provider of your choice; some popular ones in the Edmonton area are Shaw and Telus
- Please make arrangements for delivery and installation of your appliances for the day afterpossession
- Transfer or change your address information on your bank accounts, credit cards, driver’s license, etc.
- The City of Edmonton, County of Strathcona and the City of St. Albert all provide curbside garbage, and recycling collection, with Strathcona and St. Albert also providing organics collection; for general information on collection, including your scheduled pickup day, please visit your City or County’s website
And if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out!