Some of our clients come to us with land, and some don’t. Others have a full set of blueprints in hand, while even more need the help of our experts to design a home that fits their family’s needs.
NO LAND? NO PROBLEM! WE ARE HERE TO HELP.
- Land Search – Our New Home Concierge helps to narrow down your search and find the best property for you. We also have a designated Realtor Partner to assist with your search
- Land Assessment – Our New Home Expert and Construction Manager will visit your property or the property you are looking to determine what we can build and what is required to prep the homesite (demolition, utilities, tree removal, and so on)
- Land Acquisition – Should you wish to purchase the home and lot from Kimberley and finance them together on your mortgage, Kimberley will secure the lot for you saving you time and money
Home Design and Pricing
- Our New Home Expert and Drafting team will work with you to design a custom plan or modify a Kimberley Homes floorplan with your budget in mind
- A drafting deposit and/or lot hold deposit is required to secure your homesite and our design services. Deposit amounts vary between communities
- Many factors determine the final cost of your home. Our unique pricing system allows us to give you more accurate costs and avoid surprises down the road which in turn allows you to have peace of mind when receiving financing approval and reviewing your Purchase Agreement (Stage 3).
When your land, home design, and pricing have come together the next step is to write your Purchase Agreement! If Kimberley Homes has previously secured the lot for you, the price of your Land and your Home are both included on the Purchase Agreement. At this time a $10,000 deposit is made. While a mortgage pre-approval is helpful to have at this stage, as it helps the process move along faster, it is not required.
Kimberley Homes clients typically have draw mortgage financing (also known as a construction mortgage) but completion mortgages are considered on a case-by-case basis.
When conditions of the Purchase Agreement are met and financing is approved the remainder of your down payment (typically 10-20% of the total purchase price less the initial $10,000 deposit) is due. CONGRATULATIONS, you have bought your new home!
Together we finalize your blacklines and make any additional structural changes. With exterior elevations complete and these final touches we are ready to create the blueprints! Your New Home Expert reviews the blueprints with you and when you are happy with your home, blueprints will be signed off on and sent in for city approval.
We take care of applying for all necessary permits and approvals.
It’s time to build your home!
Demolition & More
• If necessary, Kimberley takes care of all the work that has to happen before we can build your home, including demolition of existing structures, excavation, & arranging for all the necessary services to your Land.
- Construction Orientation Meeting
- Interior Selections meetings with the Interior Decorating Concierge and suppliers
- Milestone Walk-throughs
- Your Client Concierge will send you an email approximately 35 days before your scheduled Possession Day
- On Possession Day, your Site Superintendent does a walk-through with you, explains the operation of many aspects of your home, and notes any deficiencies on the Certificate of Possession
- You get your keys, and turnover is complete!
- Welcome Home!
- With Kimberley Homes’ comprehensive Warranty & Service Program, you have peace of mind that your home remains in good hands long after construction has finished
- In partnership with the Alberta New Home Warranty Program, we offer pre-possession insurance coverage, and comprehensive 1-year, 2-year, 7-year, and 10-year coverage on your home and its systems
- For more information about Kimberley’s Warranty & Insurance Coverage, click here
- Your Homeowner Service Team is dedicated to resolving any warranty-related deficiencies noted on your Certificate of Possession