5 Reasons why Homebuyers Choose Kimberley Homes’ Luxury Duplexes and Townhomes
Kimberley Homes has over 30 years of experience building custom single family homes alongside many award-winning luxury duplex and townhome communities. Over the years we have helped clients who originally thought they needed to buy a single family home to get what they wanted. But ultimately a Kimberley Homes duplex home fit their family’s needs better.
1. HIGH-END FINISHES AND THE QUALITY YOU EXPECT FROM A KIMBERLEY HOME
It is common to see multi family or duplex homes with a lower standard than single family new builds when it comes to interior finishes, quality of materials, construction process and ultimately the full homebuying experience. However, Kimberley Homes is proud to offer our homeowners the same standard specification and client experience across all product types we build. You can see the difference in Kimberley Homes’ duplexes:
- High end interior finishes like quartz counters throughout, custom cabinetry, hardwood floors, ceramic tiles
- MDF shelving in your closets and pantry, not wire
- Rounded drywall corners, not square
- And more
The 5-piece Spa Ensuite you see in each of our single family showhomes is incorporated into every duplex floorplan gaining that same feeling of luxury in your Owner’s Suite. Our duplexes and townhomes include Double Garages (attached or detached options) that are insulated, drywalled, fire taped and include a window. An abundance of casement windows throughout your home and upgraded lighting create an atmosphere that causes you to forget you are sharing a wall with your neighbour. And our party wall technology (which we break down in more detail later on) contributes to that feeling of being in a single family home by eliminating sound transfer from your neighbour. Our Kimberley homeowners are proud of their space and enjoy showing off the high end finish and quality when hosting their friends and family.
2. LESS MAINTENANCE
While the square footage of our multi family floorplans and Garage sizes are comparable to single family homes, there is far less time and money that needs to be invested into the maintenance of your home and property.
- There are no condo fees with any Kimberley Homes duplex or townhome
- Depending on your floorplan, you may have a choice of either a small courtyard + front yard or front yard only
- Your rear yard is large enough for your dog to enjoy, or to entertain your friends during patio season, but not so large you’ll be out there mowing grass all day
- Landscaping (and fencing) is already included in the purchase of your Kimberley Homes duplex or townhome so you can get to enjoying your outdoor space right away!
- Our landscaping designers ensure that their design is low or no maintenance, and offers a beautiful curb appeal
3. TRULY MOVE-IN READY
Each Kimberley Home is built with ease in mind. When you purchase a Kimberley Homes duplex (or townhome), everything you need to be move-in ready is included. Host a summer BBQ on your deck. We use Duradeck, one of the lowest maintenance decking products on the market. It looks great as well, especially with the glass railing. All of the fencing is also taken care of by our expert partners. This could include a privacy screen side yard fence, or black metal fence across the back of your lot. With landscaping included as well, this reduces the amount of work you have to complete on your home post-possession.
4. THE NEIGHBOURS
One of the best parts about purchasing in a duplex or townhome project are the neighbours that become friends. Our home buyers are either in similar stages of life or have lifestyles that compliment each other. Whether it’s snowbirds headed to Palm Springs in the Winter or young professionals out on the road for work, each homeowner has peace of mind that their home is safe within their community with neighbours close by to keep an eye out. When neighbours are home it’s not uncommon to see driveway or block parties outside. Listen to Ivy and Garth talk about their experience purchasing in a Kimberley Homes duplex community:
5. HIGH END COMMUNITY AMENITIES FOR A LOWER PRICE POINT
Not only are the Kimberley Homes duplexes and townhomes award winning floor plans, but they are also built in spectacular, award winning communities. Let’s look to our current multi-family communities for inspiration:
- Salisbury Mansions and Estates of Salisbury in the boutique community of Salisbury Village are surrounded by wetlands, walking trails. and mature treescapes, and are only blocks away from the convenient shops along Wye Road
- The Towns at Keswick luxury duplexes are in the highly sought after community of Keswick on the River, which winds along North Saskatchewan River; the Towns are a short walk from the ravine’s edge with breathtaking views and homes to match
- Our Irongate townhomes in Jagare Ridge are the only townhomes in this golf course community located among the beautiful scenery from the golf course views to Whitemud Ravine; the overall luxurious look and feel of Jagare Ridge give our homeowners a sense of pride, with million dollar estate homes just down the street!
Purchasing a duplex or townhome allows you to take advantage of the beautiful, exciting, and important amenities in all of these high end communities at a lower price point than building a single family home.
BONUS REASON – SOUND PROOFING TECHNOLOGY
The rate at which party wall technology has improved over the past 20 years is quite remarkable. At Kimberley Homes, we know you expect nothing less than the best and that is the standard we maintain when it comes to the sound proofing and the safety of your shared wall. We adhere to strict measures which include double drywall with staggered studs to reduce sound transfer. There are 2 layers of quiet zone insulation, one of the best products for sound absorption. Finally, ROXUL SAFE insulation is used in the joists which contributes to reduced sound transfer but also top of the line safety as the firestop system.
The design of the floorplan itself also matters when it comes to reduced noise transfer. Our duplex and townhomes are designed so that the busiest areas in the home are not directly against the shared wall. Closets are against closets. Stair cases against staircases. All factors that ultimately stop you from hearing what’s going on next next door.
FIND THE KIMBERLEY HOMES THAT SUITS YOU BEST
We often hear from our duplex homeowners that they forget they live in a duplex and share a wall with their neighbour. We also love to hear about how their duplex or townhome is a space that fits their lifestyle. They did not sacrifice getting the spaces they need or quality they expect. And they found a home that suits their current stage in life.
We have many luxury duplex and townhomes available now. Whether you are looking for a 2-story home or a bungalow, each is built to the exceptional standard you have just read about. Our Kimberley Experts are ready to help you find the home – or townhome – that fits you best. Give us a call to talk about your options!
Browse our duplexes and townhomes available for quick possession